The Matrix movie series was one of the most revolutionary works of art to ever come out of Hollywood. Its pro-humanity, anti-authoritarian message instantly made it a classic and it has since become the subject of internet memes and (red pill) movements alike. At the center of this silver-screen revolution is Keanu Reeves whose real-life heroism makes his role as Neo that much more incredible.
Reeves has managed to distance himself from the dark side of Hollywood and it’s been easy for him, simply because he has a huge heart. Reeves has been spotted all over the place—not in photo opportunity pr stunts—but in real-life scenarios being a genuinely good person.
Redditors have compiled a list of testimonials from people who claim their lives have been touched by Reeves and noted ten times this Hollywood legend has lived up to the “Bill and Ted’s” motto of “be excellent to each other.”
1. Reeves would routinely buy lunch for all the workers on the sets of his movies.
2. Reeves reportedly gave $20,000 to a crew member of the Matrix because he knew he was having family trouble.
3. Reeves was reported to have driven a woman 50 miles out of his way because her car broke down.
4. Reeves was alleged to have bought Harley Davidson Motorcycles for the entire special effects crew on the Matrix.
5. When he’s not buying people things, giving them rides, or starting a revolution, he is a genuinely nice person who makes everyone around him happy.
6. Reeves stands accused of being a regular guy, who likes to chill and who may also be a mythological being.
7. Reeves was captured on video simply being a friend to a homeless man.
8. Reeves put his own money back into the Matrix movies so he could ensure the employment of the crew.
9. The Hollywood legend has been recorded giving up his seat on the subway – because he’s a gentleman.